Valentine's Day used to be a day of mourning for "all the single ladies" (and fellas) but I say, no more. For some reason I've always loved Valentine's day even though I've never had a date on that day and I like that because it's non cheesy. Anyway, in case you do hate Valentine's Day and yeah, I've read/heard/seen so many "WHY VALENTINE'S DAY SUCKS" lists (see hearts, above), here is my personal...
FIVE REASONS WHY VALENTINE'S DAY AINT SO BAD
(if you're single) list.
1. Valentine's is basically a holiday in of itself.
It's an occasion to go out and do that whole fancy shmancy romantic thing if you're coupled, or an occasion to go out with your besties and do your thang whatever it may be. It's basically like St. Patrick's day in red and pink, minus the booze (or not).
2. You know that movie "He's Just Not Into You?" How about, "I'm Just Not Into Him?" Yeah, take that, biatch.
3. While I don't have a handsome guy knocking on my door bearing flowers, I DO have a lot of friends, gals and guys, that make my life awesome and colorful, and I'm sure you do too. (And also that knocking on the door with the flowers thing is a tad bit unoriginal, no offense).
4. Valentines Day = cupcake day. Maybe it's the commercialism of red frosted cupcakes, Sweethearts and chocolate-dipped strawberries, but stuff like that has virtually been scientifically proven to make people happy. And Vday presents itself as a big opportunity to let loose your sweet tooth. Sounds good to me.
5. Finally there is no pressure to act romantic. When romanticism is forced it's pretty darn awful for both parties, so when you don't have to worry about a thing count that as a blessing.
Labels: holiday themed shenanigans, ShoutsOfAdoration